The answer is YES, you need a website. If you don’t have one, you are missing out on potential sales and revenue.
“90% of consumers visit a company’s website before sending them an email or calling for information.”
Source: Business Development Bank of Canada
Why you need a website:
1. Your Customers Expect A Website
- Most people will do an online search before purchasing a product or service.
- A one-page site is ok.
- Consumers believe a website makes a company more credible.
- Credibility leads to sales.
3. 24/7 Access to Your Business
- A website is available to your customers any time they want to view it. Consumers aren’t bound by traditional hours of operation.
- E-commerce sites are open for business 24/7, unlike traditional brick-and-mortar stores.
4. Control of Your Brand
- You have control over your brand and how it is presented.
- Tell your story and show the personality of your company through your brand.
5. Use the Website to Market Your Business
- Include your website URL on your business cards, email and social media accounts.
All of these things add to your credibility, which goes back to my first point, consumers expect you to have a website and if you don’t, they will go somewhere else.